Thursday, January 19, 2006

Sales underway

The day before yesterday I sent out a dozen promotional pieces to various folks who I would love to have accounts with. Big brown boxes filled with goodness and my business card - I'm sure they have no idea what in the world it is, but that is part of the idea. Now comes the waiting.

Some of the boxes were delivered yesterday and a few today. I guess it is a bit much to expect the phone to be ringing off the hook just yet, but I still hold out hope for at least an email or two. Those accounts would be so great to have and could do a world of wonder for the biz in general. Still, I hate cold-calling, which is exactly what I'll have to get over this time next week when I call all these folks to check in. If I had one word of wisdom for anyone who is thinking about starting a business, it would be that you have to be good at sales. No matter what your business is about, sales will always come into play somewhere along the road to success.

The hubby, being in sales and all, actually has a bit of a small library on the subject. Guess I better go check a few of those books. I hope there aren't any fines for returning them late. I am always late with library books...

1 Comments:

Blogger punkinpieproductions said...

Good Luck with drumming up the business...it will happen.
As a sidenote, my doggie is super awesome. You should join the bulldog mafia..tee..hee.

1/24/2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home