Thursday, December 01, 2005

Big Red Button

I sent off 3 jobs to the printer for custom work this morning and am working on some design ideas for a restaurant's gift cards. I've never done gift cards before, so this is something new. When you have a new project, I think that one of the hardest parts is just getting over the fear in the back of your mind that says "You've never done this before. What makes you think you know what you're doing?" I still have a hard time calling myself a designer. Moi? Artistic? I dunno about that. Crafty, maybe, but a designer? That would mean I'd have to know what I'm doing. Most of the time I'm really just playing around, experimenting with all the knobs and levers I can find. Its kinda like those old TV shows where the kids take a field trip to the Whatsit Factory and the guide reminds everyone not to touch anything. I'd be the kid punching the big red blinking button right below the sign that says "Never, EVER touch this button unless you want to unleash the largest ooey, gooey mess you've ever seen that will take seven years to clean up and your mother will ground you for life!"

Right now the button is blinking and I'm about two seconds from hitting it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home