Sunday, December 04, 2005

Craft Sale: Success!

Yesterday was the first ever craft sale held by me and the girls and I have to say I think it was a success! We weren't sure what to expect, either in terms of how much would be available for selling or how many people would show up to buy, so it was pretty much spread by word of mouth and the 60 postcards we sent out to people we know. There were a lot of mothers, aunts, and friends, and I was impressed by the amount of stuff that was ready to be sold! There was quite a bit of jewelry, some great bags (including two of my hand-made diaper bags), skirts and tops, scarves, belts, photography and, of course, cards. Since all purchases were tallied by each individual seller, I am not sure what the final total amount sold was, but everyone was happy with their sales.

We now feel confident for next year to advertise in some local papers and also know how much stuff we should be working on bringing. I believe the next trunk sale will be in the spring/early summer, so if you are in the southern CA area and are interested in attending either as a buyer or seller, let me know! We will also sell items for you if you can't make it yourself!

Needless to say, the pressure I had been under for the past few weeks finally let up. I slept 12 hours last night.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you take any photos of the event? Post 'em!!!

-The Helpful Daughter

12/06/2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home