Sunday, April 10, 2005

Wonderful Wet Washington

Ah, I have arrived safely in the land of rain. Mom picked me up and we headed straight over to see my nephew, who is absolutely adorable and SOOOO much bigger than the last time I saw him (surprize, surprize!). Then had a wonderful weekend out at the beach house, which is coming along quite nicely! It even felt like old times, working with my Dad to figure out how to hang the mile long blinds on three windows until midafternoon. The area they are in is just so gorgeous.

It was fun to compare the California and Washinton beaches, now that I have gotten to know some of the characteristics of both of them. Many of the people on the CA beaches have beautiful, sculpted and tanned bodies on full display in their tiny bikins and hip-slung swim trunks. Compare that with the folks in Washington who are quite often burrowed deep in multiple layers of clothing as they walk along the chilly, rock-strewn beaches. There are not nearly as many surfer dudes in WA, but you still hear a few phrases that begin with, "Whoa, dude...", just as in CA. Up here that is mostly attributed to laid back, somewhat hippie, pipe-smoking, tree hugging mentality, whereas in Cali, it's just the surfer way. I've even heard men in business suits in California using "dude" as an accepted form of identifying each other. "Dude, stocks are on the rise in pharmaceuticals. Buy, dude, buy!"

Drat, I just realized that I left my camera at Sister's house, so can't upload photos of the sweet babe. Well, tomorrow is my first day as nanny, so I'll no doubt have stories and pictures to share then. Am hoping to get some work done during nap time. Wonder which one of us will cry first...

1 Comments:

Blogger Andrea said...

Your fancy suit , "dude" spouting businessmen just crack me up! LOL.

4/11/2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home