Friday, April 01, 2005

Who's the fool?

Foolish things to do:
1) Leave a bucket of water precariously balanced over a door so that the next person who walks through will be doused. -- You'll likely just get sued because the bucket will inevitably hit them on the head, causing selective amnesia that allows them to remember the pain they suffered, but not the $20 bucks they borrowed from you the day before.

2) Pretend that you've been hit by a car and enter the emergency waiting room wailing and "bloodied" with ketchup. -- Another possibile lawsuit on your hands here, but a bit stickier to get out of. Plus, I think ketchup stains.

3) Think that it would be an easy task to round up a few boxes for a client project. -- Oh no, now it would just make too much sense to have a packaging place sell anything other than corrugated shipping boxes. Especially when you have a deadline.

4) Go to see a movie because the guy in it is cute, even though you haven't heard any reviews. -- Just don't do it. Period.


Today is April Fools Day. Did I get played for the fool? Well, it was box day. The search for the perfect box. I just need a few sample boxes to figure out exactly which size is right before I order them en masse online and I need them now. I have to put together the samples of boxes stuffed with goodies that will be sent out to my client's employees, but I have to get the samples together and show them to the client by Tuesday. Ummm... AND I have to do custom packaging? Again, "ummm..."

So today? And the boxes? And the fun driving? Yeah, not so fun. If it was Christmas and I bought some cute little knick-knacks at a few stores, I would be freshly supplied with boxes that I could use just for this sampling purpose. Instead, today I drove around to S-E-V-E-N stores in four different cities. Yes, seven office supply/packaging/paper/craft/miscellaneous stores. I think I put another 300 miles on the car today alone. Good thing there are tax deductions for mileage. And you know what? None of the places I went to had what I am looking for. Well, no, I take that back. I did find some food goodies at Cost Plus. They always have good stuff. I even found Razzles! Talk about an eighties flashback.

The other thing that made me the fool today? The hubby and I went to see The Pacifier. Oh. Ugh. I know what you're thinking, 'cuz it's the same thing I was thinking: "It's got Vin Diesel in it!" Gotta be good, right? Well, I think it would have been good if we were, say, 12? Or if we had kids that were, say, 12? Unfortunately, it was just us. I give this one a C, only because there are a few funny or heart-warming moments and you do get to see those pecks a couple times. Maybe Diesel is the fool for taking the part.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home