Sunday, April 03, 2005

New weekly

I've been catching up on some of my favorite blogs (see right) and finding some new great additions and I realized that one thing that I really like about some of them is that they draw their audience into the action. I'm not just talking about great writing, witty banter, etc. I like the way some of the authors have weekly questions, challenges or otherwise invite submissions and comments. So, with that in mind, and with the hopes of getting some audience participation, I am starting a weekly post, to be posted each Sunday with replies taken all week. It's the "Wall of Wonderings".

Here is my first wondering, the posting for April 4-10, 2005:

If you could spend an entire day doing just one thing, what would you do?

My hubby's answer: Xbox. Yes, I know. I gave in to the evil when I bought it for him for Christmas, but he's been begging for two years and he's already a huge technology geek (love ya, baby, but you are). I've actually joined him a couple of times and really, as long as we don't play forever, it's not too bad. The graphics can be astounding. I do reserve the right to veto certain games...

My dream day would be spent on the water. I was a rower in college and miss being out there in the early hours of the morning before most of the world has awoken, a silent greeting to a new day, blood pulsing after a hard piece, but ready to go at it again. It is honestly one of the most beautiful sports. I remember one specific practice when coach had us all "weigh 'nough" (stop) just to look at the incredible sight of the Northern Lights coming our way all the way down in Bellingham, Washington. If I hadn't been rowing, I wouldn't have seen it. Some of my best memories are out on the water. And that's where I met some of the best people, too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home