Friday, October 08, 2004

One down!

I did it! My first client meeting was a success! Of course, we really hit it off so well that it felt more like coffee with a friend rather than an intimidating meeting with "the client". I was a little bit nervous on the drive down there, thinking about all of the possibilities. "What if she doesn't like my designs?" "What if she just doesn't show up?" "What have I gotten myself into?" But the reality of it all was that it was a great meeting and she loved all of the designs I brought for her sister's baby shower invitations. I have a few shopping items to get and then it's off to Designland.

I also had a class the same night about starting a small business. There are so many forms and permits and documents and funding and... It's quite a task, but I am very excited about it. I've already registered my domain name, so now it is a matter of setting up the website and getting my business cards. I have a few people who are eager to be passing out my contact info, which means I also need to get working on my portfolio. Of course, now would be the time that I need a functioning printer, which is not currently in the works. The hubby and I plan on going out this weekend to look at all of the possibilities, but I am anticipating some fairly high startup costs. This would be where the loans come in. Judging from the amount of information covered at the class on loans, it will be a while before one comes through. I first need to write up my business plan. Luckily, I have a one-on-one with a small business consultant next week. If anyone out there has a few dollars they'd like to put toward funding a fun card company, let me know!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home