Thursday, March 24, 2005

Long Time Coming

Wow, it's been a really, REALLY long time since I posted. Luckily, I think that I'm the only one who has been reading my blog, so I can only scold myself.

Things have been busy, in a good way. Still getting things going here; it's amazing how long it takes to get all the paperwork done. The majority of my days have been spent trying to come up with some new designs, exploring the area around here while looking for good supplies, and doing probably too much internet research. There are some great communities out there, esp. for someone with a ton of questions about getting into the greeting card/invitation industry. I've been a part of a Yahoo group for Greeting Card Professionals and then also started one for Custom Invitation Professionals. It was through one of these groups that I found Paperpreneurs, which is invaluable!

It's been so inspiring looking at other people's work. True, sometimes I see something and go, "Dang! That was what I was going to design!" But there is an incredible amount of talent out there and I'm eager to prove that I can be part of it. My first big client has just signed on and already it's been a good challenge for me. I haven't done many corporate things and now I'm doing corporate birthday cards and gifts for about 140 employees. I'll be on a conference call next month to talk about expanding it to more of the regions, too! Yippee!! Now I just have to get the designs printed...

Oh, and speaking of printing, I'm so excited to announce that I'm in the process of designing two lines of greeting cards right now that I'm sincerely hoping to have letterpressed and in stores before too long! I'm not going to give away the surprizing details of what they will be, but stay tuned because I think they will be great sellers. Or at least, when I see them in my head, they appear to be great sellers. Fingers crossed!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home