Monday, March 28, 2005

So much in the world

Do you ever have those days where you stop and take a look at everything around you and realize, "There is so much here..." So many people, so much to explore, so many questions that may or may not get answers, so much to do.

I remember in college walking around campus in the evenings and looking up at some of the rooms still lit against the night sky. It always struck me that although I might not be able to see it, life was going on inside those walls. I often imagined what other people were doing, how they felt about the world, where they would go next, etc., even what they had for breakfast or what their significant other was like. It often got me thinking about all of the different possibilities that exist in the world. There are a million and one different jobs a person might have, a plethora of ideas that might shape the way they see the world, and an incredible number of experiences that, no matter how miniscule, have added to how we each interact with the world.

My reminiscent state leads to this: I want to do more! I want to create, play, explore, discover, help, lead, learn, teach, believe, and do so much. Right now I am doing a number of the things that are in that "more" pile that has been growing since I became self-aware. I love having the knowledge and power that I can actually do many of those things and not just see them as things that "would be nice if..." I wonder how many of us have those sometimes fleeting thoughts that run haphazard through our minds whispering "It would be nice to do such and such." Do we listen to those voices? Do we give in to the whims of the child in all of us and dash boldly through the sprinkler, allowing our bare feet to feel the moisture and grass between our toes?

At the moment, I am dipping my toes in the water of creativity, trying to create more than marks on a paper. I am soaking up the sunbeams of "what-ifs" and turning cartwheels on the lawn of today. I am excited to know that out in my world, our world, THE world - there are more than just 32 flavors of life to choose from.

(My appologies for the seemlingly dreamy state all of this was written in. As you can see from the time stamp, it is now past midnight and I've been at Universal Studios, a place filled with dreams, all day.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home