Monday, June 13, 2005

Working from Home

There are many reasons why I enjoy working from home. First, rarely do I need to get dressed up. My typical uniform is capris and either a tank top or short-sleeve shirt, depending on the weather. On occasion, especially when it is cooler, I've been known to spend the entire day in my sweats. It's quite comfy. Plus, my dry cleaning bill is oh so low.

Second, I can run my errands, do laundry, workout, etc., whenever I choose. No need fighting for the treadmill during the lunch-hour rush. I can do my yoga at 2 p.m. or 10 a.m. and still have time for a real shower. I can go to the dentist and not worry about taking sick-time. Not feeling well? No need to call in sick! Just pull up the laptop, keep the Kleenex close at hand, and hammer out whatever I can. Besides, some of those sick medicines actually induce a bit of a creative spur that might not normally occur. I'm not talking hallucinogens, but we all know that pain relievers can make you loopy. I say embrace the loopiness - you never know what will transpire!

Lastly, there is the commute. Ah, the commute. Factor in the morning pit stop for juice or tea, and I can be rearing to go in as little as 15 minutes. Yep, 15 minutes from feet-hitting-the-floor to up-and-running with email in check and the daily activities properly outlined. Some days I even take my office to the beach.

But then of course, I do miss hearing the latest office gossip. My water-cooler gossip consists of asking Tut and Zampa how many fleas they did away with the day before. Water-cooler, water bowl; same diff.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home