Friday, May 06, 2005

TGIF

Today is Friday. The sun is shining, there is a slight, cool breeze blowing, making the flowers dance in celebration and the trees do the wave. Everywhere I look, I see a smile. It is going to be a good day.

I've got projects to do, clients that are eager (in a good way) to see my work, designs working their way from my brain down to my fingertips and itching to be put on paper. I've promised myself at least an hour to sketch in the outdoors where the sun can melt away the stress of the past week. Today is going to be a good day.

Piles of paper are waiting to be printed with formal invitations. The invitation folders have their aligator jaws wide open and are ready to snap shut as soon as an innocent paper comes near. I'll secure their maws closed with a golden seal and bind them in sheets of metallic blue, then slip them into their metal cages, only to be released upon the promise of delivering an enchanted evening.

Yep, today is going to be a good day.
My cats have been staring out the window, taking in as much of the outdoors as they can see beyond the screen. They seem to know that outside is the best place to be; away from the mess of the office, the dishes piled in the sink, the emails waiting to be sent and phone calls to be returned. The blades of grass don't ask for anything, the butterflies just flutter hello and even the spiders swing from their webs, shouting out the joy that today is Friday.

Well what do you know, it already is a good day.


Later update: It really was a nice day, up until I realized that a very important shipment of paper goods had still not arrived. Read about it in Saturday's post.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home