Tuesday, May 31, 2005

There's something about a hot dog

My dear hubby has become more of a child than ever of late. He's been clamoring for a puppy, enamored with the Xbox, whining that he has to go to work, and having cravings for hotdogs that remind me of a schoolboy at a baseball game.

He piles on the toppings: relish, mustard, ketchup, pepperocinis and has been known to ask if we have sauerkraut. He seems so emphatically in love with his hotdogs that I thought I'd try a bite... which I immediately spit out. Don't know how in the world God could create tastebuds that could have gone so wrong, but there you have it. I'll stick to my simple hotdog on a bun with a little ketchup on top.

Although, there is one other way that I enjoy my hotdogs - Dixie chili style! A bit of meat, a bit of sauce, add the onions and cheese on top, and you're set. This stuff is also great for spaghetti! My brother-in-law and his folks introduced it to us just before he married my sister. (Guess he had to see if she had good taste buds.) Since then, it's become a tradition for my hubby and my sister's hunk-a-hunk-of-burning-love (there's a whole nother story for that nickname) to swap stories about their most recent devouring of Dixie dogs or pasta, often sending each other cases of the cans - little metal love notes through the mail. The first case was sent by my hubby for my sister and b.i.l.'s one year anniversary.

They have another anniversary coming up and that dear hubby of mine was jumping up and down (again, the image of a schoolboy comes to mind), excited to order another case of the goodies. He came rushing downstairs and said, "I'm ordering the Dixie Chili! And you have to see this, they've added more stuff!"

Lord, you've never seen a boy so excited about aprons with a Dixie logo or eager to get his own tennis-style visor touting the brand. "You're going to blog about this, aren't you?" How could I not?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home