Sunday, April 17, 2005

Top Things to Know About A Baby

In the past week, my nephew (or sometimes more like ne-pew!) has taught me many things about the world of being a baby. In his words, here are the top things to know:
  1. As babies, we drool a lot. A LOT. Don't wear nice sweaters when picking us up.
  2. You can't entertain a four or five month old.
  3. Tummy Time is no fun until you learn how to cheat the system and flip yourself over after two seconds. This is best achieved without diapers on.
  4. I'm cute. I get it. Now put me down. (Actually saw this on a shirt! Love it!)
  5. If you think that I'm finally falling asleep and you walk away from my crib at all, I will notice and cry and cry until you pop your head over the side again. You think you deserve sleep or something?
  6. I have a handle!
  7. The best giggles are the ones where my body wiggles and my eyes squint shut.
  8. If it is within my arm's reach and I can get those stubby things on my my hands to work, it'll be in my mouth in no time. There are no exceptions.
  9. On Mom's boob is the best place to be.
  10. Germs spread easily to babies, whose immune systems are still developing. So if you want to kiss me when I'm sick, hey, don't say I didn't warn you about this cold with all that awful wailing!
Yes, the first thing he's given me is a cold. His Dad has offered me the use of the nebulizer, but judging from the way my nephew reacted to it, I'm not going near that thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home