Tuesday, May 03, 2005

A Wish

I wish that more people would enjoy the simple things: the juciness of an orange as it dribbles down your chin, the feeling you get when you catch the love of your life staring at you in wonder, eating foods freshly prepared in your own kitchen with ingredients from the Farmers Market, reading a good book before bed and realizing that as tired as you are, you just don't want to put it down.

I wish that we weren't so dependant on technology to do everything: from the computer I sit in front of each morning, to the Xbox my hubby is addicted to, to the car that we drive to the supermarket rather than riding our bike the three miles each way.

I wish that more people would think about how their actions impact each day, and the days that follow.

I wish that schools could once again teach children to be excited about learning, to encourage them to use their imaginations and question things, rather than being forced to teach to the tests.

I wish that more of our role models were worthy of the title, rather than being idolized for their bodies or sex appeal. There are some amazing men and women who did so much just to give us the opportunity to do things we now take for granted.

I wish that advertisers and corporate big-wigs would forget about the size of their pocketbooks and instead focus on the size of their hearts and the good they could do.

I wish we could all live in the moment, focusing on making our "todays" better, so that our "tomorrows" and "yesterdays" would already be enriched.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, what a great post! I totally agree with you. I am so guilty of just trying to get through the day without enjoying all the little simple moments. Thanks for the reminder.

Jan

5/04/2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home