Thursday, May 11, 2006

100 Bottles of Beer on the Wall...

This is my 100th post! It's crazy because I seem to be coming across quite a few other blogs that are also celebrating 100 postings or other such blog-stones. I've seen a number of lists touting various things, or "100 this" and "100 that"... I thought I'd do something a little different. I'm going to do ten-tens; that is ten lists each containing ten random things. Here goes!

Ten Favorite Foods and Beverages
  1. Ice cream
  2. My Dad's calzone
  3. Smoked salmon
  4. Chai tea latte (order it "No water" from Starbucks)
  5. Rustic chicken sandwiches
  6. Trader Joes Maple Pecan granola (esp. mixed with their maple yogurt)
  7. My sister's lemon bars
  8. Fennel pork medallions
  9. Ghirardelli Intense Dark Toffee Interlude chocolate bar
  10. Jelly Bellies

Ten Favorite Books
  1. Einstein's Dreams, by Alan Lightman
  2. 1000 Greetings by Peter King & Co.
  3. The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis
  4. The House Next Door by Anne Rivers Siddons
  5. Anything "Amelia Bedilia"
  6. How to Think Like Leonardo do Vinci by Michael J. Gelb
  7. Princess by Jean P. Sasson
  8. God of Small Things by Arundhati Roy
  9. Where the Sidewalk Ends by Shel Silverstein
  10. Sabine's Notebook by Nick Bantock

Ten Songs
  1. Catch My Disease - Ben Lee
  2. You Make My Dreams Come True - Hall and Oates
  3. Sister Kate - The Ditty Bops
  4. The World Ain't Slowin' Down - Ellis Paul
  5. Six Packs and Big Macs - The Getaway People
  6. Come By Me - Harry Connick Jr.
  7. Mary - Iron & Wine
  8. Save the Last Dance For Me - Michael Buble
  9. Everybody Got Their Something - Nikka Costa
  10. Wraith Pinned to the Mist and Other Games - Of Montreal
  11. Bonus - You Raise Me Up - Josh Groban (it was the song I danced with my Dad to on my wedding day)

Ten Movies
  1. What Women Want
  2. My Life Without Me
  3. Finding Neverland
  4. What Dreams May Come
  5. Saving Grace
  6. Woman On Top
  7. Stealing Beauty
  8. 13 Going on 30
  9. Wimbledon
  10. Hooch

Ten Names I'd Like To Name My Kids (no, I'm not having ten kids. Even though my sister and brother-in-law seem to think it would be grand.)
  1. Kija (pronounced "Kai-uh")
  2. Madeline
  3. Lucy
  4. Ashley
  5. Lilian/Lillie
  6. Alton
  7. Oliver
  8. Juel
  9. Ruby
  10. Simon

Ten Favorite Things To Do
  1. Kayaking
  2. Camping
  3. Fly Fishing
  4. Drawing
  5. Sewing
  6. Playing with Dixie (my dog)
  7. Hanging out with my nephew
  8. Game night with the Girls!
  9. Exploring someplace new with my hubby
  10. Travelling

Ten Stores to Blow My Money
  1. Crate and Barrel
  2. Art Supply Warehouse
  3. Ikea
  4. Independent bookstores (esp. with used books)
  5. Cost Plus World Market
  6. Five Thousand One (local home decor/gift store)
  7. H&M
  8. REI
  9. Paper Zone
  10. Any Flea market (ok, not technically a store, but I can still spend way too much money there)

Ten Websites (non blogs)
  1. Tribe Wanted
  2. Reprodepo Fabrics
  3. Fire Mountain Gems and Beads
  4. SOTA: The Society of Typographic Aficianados
  5. Briarpress (for letterpress)
  6. Skindeep
  7. AddAll book search
  8. Plum Party
  9. Sidestep for air travel
  10. The Greater Good store

Ten Magazines
  1. Mary Englebreit's Home Companion
  2. Martha Stewart Living
  3. Step Inside Design
  4. Better Homes and Gardens
  5. Everyday Food
  6. Cooking Light
  7. Dynamic Graphics
  8. Body and Soul
  9. Hooked On The Outdoors
  10. Gifts and Decorative Accessories

Ten Cool Words
  1. tatterdemalion: A person wearing ragged or tattered clothing; a ragamuffin. (Me most mornings...)
  2. fatidic: Relating to or characterized by prophecy; prophetic
  3. zampa: the Italian word for "paw" (and the name of my cat, who has six toes on every paw)
  4. indubitably: Too apparent to be doubted; unquestionable (and really just fun to say)
  5. organic (as it relates to design, and happens to be quite the popular term at the moment): resembling a living organism
  6. milksop: An effeminate or weak-minded person; an unmanly man. (I just think this is funny)
  7. quagmire: A difficult or precarious position or situation; a predicament. (Also just fun to say)
  8. xenophobia: Fear or hatred of strangers, people from other countries, or of anything that is strange or foreign. (And here I just thought it was someone afraid of the show "Xena: Princess Warrior"
  9. osculation: The act of kissing; also: a kiss. (Aw. I hear this and immediately picture two stodgy professor types at the end of a date during which they quizzed each other on the Pythagorean theorem.)
  10. fait accompli: An accomplished and presumably irreversible deed or fact. (And with that, this post is DONE!)

2 Comments:

Blogger Julie said...

I keep 1000 Greetings on my nightstand. And I've habitually bought all the "1000" books - 1000 Type Treatments, 1000 Graphic Elements, 1000 Bags, Tags and Labels... they're all awesome!

5/12/2006  
Blogger Kathy said...

I haven't bought the Bags, Tags and Labels, but that's next! I dig through them all when I need creative juice.

5/12/2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home