Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Road Trip!!


The time has come to take a vacation. Peanut and I were looking at some of his work stuff and realized that, whoa, he has way too much vacation time saved up! Well, I guess that would make sense... considering that the last official vacation we took together was our honeymoon and we're coming on two years. So we're taking a road trip! (Yes, even with gas prices what they are. See side note below.) And we're bringing the Dixie Dog with us! (Hence the "Dog Lover's Compainion to..." books in the pic. Which, by the way, are great!) We'll be going from Southern California up the coast to Portland, then back down with a three day stop in Yosemite.

We've been plotting the trip for a little over a week now and all of our guide books finally arrived today! (Are we missing any?) Highlights along the way:

  • Hearst Castle (San Simeon)
  • San Francisco (Esp. the new H&M!)
  • Oregon Shakespear Festival (Medford)
  • Tillamook Cheese Factory (they should make it "Cheese and ICE CREAM factory... I know what I'm getting there!)
  • Redwood National Forest
  • Yosemite in all its splendor!

We leave in about a month and I won't be bringing my computer with me, but I'll try to log on and post along the way. Want a postcard? Email me! (kathy AT bluebeancreations DOT com)

Side note: the Green in me is feeling a bit guilty for driving so much for the two weeks that we'll be on the road, so I am looking into carbon offset certificates for the trip. Orlando Bloom tried to lessen the impact of the carbon use for filming "Priates of the Carribean: The Dead Man's Chest" by paying the bill to plant trees in Scotland.

2 Comments:

Blogger Julie said...

My company buys Green tags - https://www.b-e-f.org/GreenTags - to offset the energy the use in manufacturing our products. There's a handy calculator on the site to calculate the number of tags you'd need to offset your travel. :)

6/09/2006  
Blogger Kathy said...

Thanks ladies! I am So excited for this trip! I'll let you know how everything comes out. Thanks for the link, Julie!

6/11/2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home