Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Gertie Gets a Home

My girl Gertie (the press) is finally moving into what will be her home for the foreseeable future in a matter of moments... The excitement is killing me! I keep looking out the window, hoping to see a neighbor friend of mine driving up with a pallet jack in the back of his truck. She's only moving about 25 feet, to a garage next door that I'm renting out, but I'm still nervous about all 725 pounds of her staying intact. I'm just glad to have her finally out of the elements, too.

In other press news, I start my letterpress class at the Pasadena Armory Center for the Arts as soon as we get back from the roadtrip! I am SO looking forward to it; learning all about the ins-and-outs of being a press person. Finally, I'll be able to get my stuff printed on my own press! Needless to say, I've been haunting Ebay and various flea markets, swap sites, etc. in search of great printing blocks. I feel like a virtual hunter scavaging the goods, elbows out, waging war with anyone who gets in my way for the ideal block. I am very eager to release my new line by year's end! (And yes, that does mean that I have to get my website up, and I have made some progress in that arena I swear!)

Oh, and here comes my favorite (and much anticipated) moment of the day! Wish us luck!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home