Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Worry = Love

I'm now 11 weeks along in this whole "growing a human" thing and can hardly believe the miracle that is happening inside me (and yes, that makes keeping my mind on work VERY difficult). We saw the little Garbanzo last night, moving all around, waving arms and legs like crazy, and assuring us that everything was right on track. It has been so interesting to watch it go from the pod that it was to the miniature human it is becoming!

I do wonder, though, now that I am a parent in training, do all parents worry every day? Right now I find myself daily thinking in the back of my mind, "Is my baby ok? Please, God, let my child be healthy." At first I thought that this would just last until the first time I really saw that there was a baby growing. After that appointment, though, the thoughts were still there and so I thought, "Well, the next appointment will assure me." Same thing. So then I thought, "Ok, this worry will go away once the little one is actually born." But last night I realized that even after our child is born, I will still worry! Worry that he or she won't get hit by a car while riding their bike, worry that they might get into an accident while learning to drive, etc.

It's not a crippling worry, but I guess more of one that is just surrounded with love, wanting to protect that in the world which is most precious to me. Worry is a manifestation of love, and I believe that as long as you don't let it go too far, it is fine and normal. So yes, I am sure there will be times of greater worry than others, but I also know that this child (and any others to come after it) is going to be surrounded by love. I can't protect it from every danger in the world, but always, my love will be there.

Sorry for the rant. Any feedback from parents out there?

On another subject, the fam arrives in ONE DAY!!! Yes, they will be here tomorrow afternoon, staying for a whole week! It's the first time they've been able to come down for Christmas since we moved to S. Cal. We've already been plotting activities and meals (although I hate to say that they will be the ones doing most of the cooking - morning sickness has prevented me from enjoying that pleasure!), making our lists and checking them twice, and getting the house ready for days of laughter and love! I doubt I'll have much time to post over the next week, so just in case, here's wishing you and yours the very merriest of holidays and a wonderful new year!!

1 Comments:

Blogger marzi said...

i'm sorry to say that i think it only gets worse! ;)
happy holidays!

12/23/2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home