Friday, October 07, 2005

New Favorite

I'm hooked.

I really enjoyed Friends in its heyday (althouh, not so much in the later years. The writing seemed a bit lacking). Loved Ally McBeal. Sex in the City - well, I didn't have HBO while it was on (college budget...), but I've rapidly devoured the DVDs. I still wonder what happened to "Two Guys and a Girl", an old favorite that had many great laugh moments.

So what have I been enjoying lately? Yes, I'm on the Desperate Housewives bandwagon. Getting more interested in Gilmore Girls. I've caught a few episodes of Grey's Anatomy and plan to catch a few more. And after tonight, I've got another definite favorite: Hot Properties.

What makes a good evening of TV? Witty banter? Check. Good chemistry between characters? Check. Can I identify with the characters? Check. Good time slot? Check. ABC Networks - you've got another winner.

Hot Properties is four women in various phases of relationships - one divorcee of a gay husband, one newly married to a much younger man, one hot young thang, and one girl who swears that she is the reason Greg Behrendt and Liz Tuccillo wrote "He's Just Not That Into You." (She's actually my favorite character! At least, one episode into airing.) Add in a few supporting cast members, including Evan Handler, Charlotte's husband on Sex in the City, and you have a fairly well rounded-out, funny and worthwhile show. I highly recommend catching next week's episode!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home