Sunday, September 04, 2005

Ugh... the website

I made a promise to my hubby before he left to see his family for five days that I would lock myself in the office and work on my website. I can assure you that I have turned on my computer and started GoLive! too many times to count. What do I have to show for it?

Well, I finally got a haircut, went to the flea market, sewed a new bag, got caught up on my magazine reading, played with the cats, browsed the art store for a bit, and went to see "The Wedding Crashers" last night. (Hilarious, by the way! A bit predictable, but funny nonetheless.) I even made a to-do list, highlighted "WEBSITE", and put stars next to it, but somehow, I still don't have a site. I keep justifying it to myself by saying that I'm just waiting for the instructional book I ordered on GoLive! to get here.

What's worse is that when I graduated from college, you know what I did? Built websites. Granted then I had graphic designers and HTML coders working with me, but I could do a pretty good site on my own and even maintain some of the more complex ones. So now, when I plop down in front of the screen, mind focused on creating something grand, why is it that I get lost? I sometimes think that it is much harder to create your own website than to do one for someone else. Or maybe that's just another one of my justifications.

In any case, wish me luck. The hubby gets home in approximately 48 hours and I have to have something up. I've definitely reached that point in the business that requires it.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Beanerschnitzel. Mom said you were thinking of using a beanstalk or something like that as a border for your page. That or she suggested that idea. Anyway, I think you could do that and make it look really pretty. You could make it sort of light sage green with lots of curling little threads coming out of it and then have blue beans growing out of it, too. Do you know what I mean? Think sweet peas. I'm talking about those little curly things that come out and grab hold of trellises and such. Don't know what they're called.
Love you.
L

9/06/2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home