Thursday, February 01, 2007

Ti-i-i-ime Ain't On My Side

Ever notice how time can just utterly drag one minute and then seemingly fly by the next? For instance, I feel like it is going to be forever until the baby gets here, but then I realize that I'm already down to only 23 weeks! Everything with the baby-baking is going grandly. At 17 weeks now and I feel like I'm huge, but apparently the rest of the world still has yet to catch on, for the most part. I still haven't had anyone come up to me yet to ask if I'm pregnant, but Peanut and I can't believe the change that my body is "growing" through. I was quite excited to feel some movement during class the other day and have felt a little here and there since then, too! I think one of the (many) baby sites described this time of waiting to feel movement quite well by saying something to the effect of, "You're waiting and waiting, eager to feel the first fluttery movements, the same kicks which in a few weeks will be keeping you up all night." Ah, yes, I can hardly wait.

Time has been helped in the "speed up" process by two classes that I've signed up for at the local Community College. I got my BA a number of years ago, but there were a few classes that I never was able to get into. Now seemed like the perfect time and something that I can somewhat relate to my business, so I am enrolled in Beginning Jewelry Metalsmithing and Beginning Sculpture! So far I am highly enjoying both and I promise I'll show my projects along the way. Unfortunately this post will be sadly lacking in pictures of any sort, but I fully intend to snap some shots of things during the course of the next three months! Right now in Sculpture, we're creating clay formations that will be turned into molds, which we'll then make cement sculptures from. It's all about exploring "organic" shapes, volume, negative space, etc. The organic part had me absolutely confused at first, but I think I've nailed it down! (If you're wondering, it is a shape that is NOT geometric, but that could be found in nature; lots of curves and such.) Some of the pieces are... interesting.

A bit of a boring post, and for that I apologize. The Nut is in Texas for a biz meeting, so I've had to beg my poor neighbor to come scoop the litter box daily (DON'T touch the litter box if you are pregnant!). Also had to give some blood for the AFP screening today, in which they try to determine if your fetus may have any sort of issue such as Down's Syndrome or spina bifida. Trying not to think about the results too much, but the next 7-10 days will drag.

There goes that dragging time thing again...

1 Comments:

Blogger punkinpieproductions said...

just wanted to say congrats on the lil' bean! (from a stranger none the less)

2/14/2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home